Media Alert March 15, 2019 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer [email protected] 813-613-2306
TEMPORARY TURN-LANE CLOSURE SCHEDULED FOR EASTBOUND GANDY BOULEVARD WEEKEND OF MARCH 22-24
On Friday, March 22, 2019, beginning at 9 pm Selmon Extension crews will temporarily close the eastbound Gandy Boulevard left turn-lane in front of Reneille Drive for bridge foundation work in the median. Drivers will need to U-turn at S. Manhattan Avenue. Advanced warning signs will be posted to alert motorists. The turn lane will open for thru-traffic by Monday, March 25, 2019, at 6 am.
- New traffic pattern remains in place for the Selmon Expressway’s exit to eastbound Gandy Boulevard.
- The short merge still exists on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway. As an alternative, turn left (north) on Dale Mabry Highway and access the Selmon Expressway ramp, located just behind Target.
- The sidewalk is closed along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue. Pedestrians walking in the area should use the sidewalk on the north side of Gandy Boulevard. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians.
- The sidewalk is closed on northbound Dale Mabry Hwy. between the Selmon Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the west side of Dale Mabry. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians.
- One lane on both eastbound and westbound Gandy Boulevard between Westshore Boulevard and the Gandy Bridge will be closed each night between 9 pm and 6 am.
In an effort to keep the construction crews and the traveling public safe, we want to remind motorists that the posted construction speed limit is 45 miles per hour. Speed enforcement will be in place in the signed construction zones. The fine for speeding in a construction zone is double the amount of a regular ticket.