Media Alert November 22, 2019 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer Kym@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
TEMPORARY SHUT DOWN ON THE SELMON EXTENSION NEXT WEEK FOR THANKSGIVING DAY HOLIDAY WEEKEND
The Selmon Extension construction team will suspend all construction activity through the Thanksgiving Day weekend. Contractors will stop all road construction Wednesday, November 27, 2019, and resume the following Monday, December 2, 2019. While all lane closure activity will be stopped, some workers may be on-site in the construction zones, and reduced speed limits will still be in effect. Motorists are urged to obey all posted speed limits, especially in work zones.
As a reminder, the railroad crossing lights and gates have been temporarily removed on Gandy Boulevard, west of Dale Mabry Highway. Please use caution while driving in this area due to the potential of an oncoming train. New lights and gates will be installed following the completion of the steel tub girder operation.
OTHER SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY ALERTS WEEK OF NOVEMBER 24-30, 2019
- Median left-turn lane temporarily closed for safety reasons in front of the Gandy Plaza.
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard. Pedestrians will need to utilize the posted detour.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: underground storm drainage work Southside: temporary lane configuration at the intersection.
- Drivers should reduce speed while approaching the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy Boulevard from the Expressway, a yield sign is in place.
- The short merge still exists on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue.
- Sidewalk closure on northbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the west side of Dale Mabry.