Media Alert September 13, 2019 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer [email protected] 813-613-2306
TEMPORARY LANE CLOSURE SCHEDULED FOR CITY OF TAMPA ON GANDY BOULEVARD FOR UTILITY REPAIR WORK
On Friday, September 13, 2019 beginning at 9 pm, crews will conduct a temporary lane closure to repair an underground utility line across from the Dalton Dental office. The closure will be along Gandy Boulevard between S. Trask Street and S. Hesperides Street. Please use caution while driving in this area. The repair is scheduled to be completed by Monday, September 16, 2019, at 6 am weather permitting.
SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 13-20, 2019
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard. Pedestrians will need to utilize the posted detour.
- Modified traffic pattern remains at the intersection of Gandy Boulevard and Dale Mabry Highway. Eastbound Gandy drivers making a right turn onto S. Dale Mabry will have a short merge into the middle travel lane.
- The median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed for safety reasons in front of the Gandy Plaza.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Southside: temporary lane configuration at the intersection.
- Drivers should reduce speed while approaching the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy Boulevard from the Expressway, a yield sign is in place.
- The short merge still exists on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue. Pedestrians walking in the area should use the sidewalk on the north side of Gandy Boulevard.
- Sidewalk closure on northbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the west side of Dale Mabry.
- Sidewalk closure on S. Dale Mabry Highway between Gandy Boulevard and the Home Depot.