Media Alert October 5, 2018 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer [email protected] 813-613-2306
SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF OCTOBER 5-12, 2018
In an effort to keep the construction crews and the traveling public safe, we want to remind motorists that the posted construction speed limit is 45 miles per hour. Speed enforcement will be in place in the signed construction zones. The fine for speeding in a construction zone is double the amount of a regular ticket.
● Crews have installed temporary roadway traffic plates under the Selmon Expressway on Dale Mabry Highway. Crews are using these plates to protect the roadway surface during current bridge demolition activities. Motorists are reminded to drive slowly when traveling over these plates.
● The short merge remains in place on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway. This lane configuration will remain in place during the construction of the Selmon Extension’s new ramps. To avoid congestion in this area during rush-hour traffic, we advise travelers to use the alternate route. Turn left (north) on Dale Mabry Highway and access the Selmon Expressway ramp, located just behind Target.
● The sidewalk remains closed on eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the CSX railroad and the Dale Mabry Hwy interchange. Pedestrians walking between Lois Avenue from Dale Mabry Hwy should use the sidewalk on the north side of Gandy Boulevard. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians. Graphics are included to show the detour.
● The sidewalk remains closed on southbound Dale Mabry Hwy. between the Selmon Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the east side of Dale Mabry. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians. Graphics are included to show the closure.
● One lane on both eastbound and westbound Gandy Boulevard between Westshore Boulevard and the Gandy Bridge will be closed each night between 9 pm and 6 am