Media Alert July 26, 2019 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer [email protected] 813-613-2306
SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF JULY 26 – AUGUST 2, 2019
- The median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed in front of the Gandy Plaza located on 4707 W. Gandy Boulevard. The temporary closure is for safety reasons. Drivers can utilize the U-turn at Trask Street or S. Manhattan Avenue to gain access to the plaza. The entrance to the plaza will not be blocked during this time.
- Temporary daytime inside and median lane closures of both northbound and southbound Dale Mabry Highway near the Selmon Expressway over-head crossing for bridge foundation installation.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: underground utility work continues; lanes have been narrowed approaching the intersection. Southside: underground utility work at night, new lane configuration at the intersection; straight-thru/right-turn lanes have been combined into one lane.
- New traffic configuration for the Selmon Exit ramp to the westbound Gandy Boulevard ramp. Drivers should reduce speed while approaching the bottom off-ramp, a yield sign is in place at Gandy Boulevard.
- Traffic pattern remains in place for the Selmon Expressway’s exit to eastbound Gandy Boulevard.
- The short merge still exists on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway. As an alternative, turn left (north) on Dale Mabry Highway and access the Selmon Expressway ramp, located just behind Target.
- The sidewalk is closed along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue. Pedestrians walking in the area should use the sidewalk on the north side of Gandy Boulevard. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians.
- The sidewalk is closed on southbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Selmon Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the east side of Dale Mabry. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians.
- The sidewalk on S. Dale Mabry Highway is closed between Gandy Boulevard and the Home Depot.
- One lane on both eastbound and westbound Gandy Boulevard between Westshore Boulevard and the Gandy Bridge will be closed each night between 9 pm and 6 am.
In an effort to keep the construction crews and the traveling public safe, we want to remind motorists that the posted construction speed limit is 45 miles per hour. Speed enforcement will be in place in the signed construction zones. The fine for speeding in a construction zone is double the amount of a regular ticket.