Media Alert January 11, 2019 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer [email protected] 813-613-2306
SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF JANUARY 11 – JANUARY 18, 2019
- New traffic pattern still in place for the Selmon Expressway’s exit to eastbound Gandy Boulevard. In an effort to keep the construction crews and the traveling public safe, we want to remind motorists that the posted construction speed limit is 45 miles per Speed enforcement will be in place in the signed construction zones. The fine for speeding in a construction zone is double the amount of a regular ticket.
- The short merge still exists on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway. This lane configuration will remain in place during the construction of the Selmon Extension’s new ramps. To avoid congestion in this area during rush-hour traffic, we advise travelers to use the alternate route. Turn left (north) on Dale Mabry Highway and access the Selmon Expressway ramp, located just behind Target.
- The sidewalk is closed on westbound Gandy Boulevard between the CSX railroad and the Dale Mabry Hwy interchange. Pedestrians walking between Lois Avenue from Dale Mabry Hwy should use the sidewalk on the south side of Gandy Boulevard. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians.
- The sidewalk remains closed on northbound Dale Mabry Hwy. between the Selmon Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the west side of Dale Mabry. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians.
- One lane on both eastbound and westbound Gandy Boulevard between Westshore Boulevard and the Gandy Bridge will be closed each night between 9 pm and 6 am.