Media Alert August 23, 2019 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer [email protected] 813-613-2306
SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF AUGUST 23-30, 2019
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard. Pedestrians will need to utilize the posted detour.
- Frontier Communications sidewalk closure on eastbound Gandy Boulevard, between east of Manhattan Avenue and Lois Avenue. Pedestrians need to use the sidewalk along westbound Gandy for access through that area.
- New traffic pattern in place at the intersection of Gandy Boulevard and Dale Mabry Highway. Eastbound Gandy drivers making a right turn onto S. Dale Mabry will have a short merge into the middle travel lane. This temporary traffic pattern will remain for a few weeks until work is complete, weather permitting.
- The median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed in front of the Gandy Plaza located on 4707 W. Gandy Boulevard. The temporary closure is for safety reasons. The entrance to the plaza via westbound will not be blocked during this time.
- Temporary daytime inside and median lane closures of both northbound and southbound Dale Mabry Highway near the Selmon Expressway over-head crossing for bridge foundation installation. The sidewalk is closed on northbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Selmon Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the west side of Dale Mabry. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: underground utility work continues. Southside: underground utility work at night, new lane configuration at the intersection; straight-thru/right-turn lanes have been combined into one lane.
- New traffic configuration for the Selmon Exit ramp to the westbound Gandy Boulevard ramp. Drivers should reduce speed while approaching the bottom off-ramp, a yield sign is in place at Gandy Boulevard.
- The short merge still exists on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway. As an alternative, turn left (north) on Dale Mabry Highway and access the Selmon Expressway ramp, located just behind Target.
- One lane on both eastbound and westbound Gandy Boulevard between Westshore Boulevard and the Gandy Bridge will be closed each night between 9 pm and 6 am.
- Sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue. Pedestrians walking in the area should use the sidewalk on the north side of Gandy Boulevard.
- Sidewalk closure on northbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Selmon Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the west side of Dale Mabry.
- Sidewalk closure on S. Dale Mabry Highway between Gandy Boulevard and the Home Depot.
In an effort to keep the construction crews and the traveling public safe, we want to remind motorists that the posted construction speed limit is 45 miles per hour. Speed enforcement will be in place in the signed construction zones. The fine for speeding in a construction zone is double the amount of a regular ticket.