Media Alert April 26, 2019 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer [email protected] 813-613-2306
SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF APRIL 26 – MAY 3, 2019
- New traffic configuration for the entrance to the westbound Gandy Boulevard ramp.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: daytime tree removal, underground utility work will occur at night due to implemented lane closures, lanes have been narrowed approaching the intersection. Southside: New lane configuration; straight-thru/right-turn lanes have been combined into one lane.
- Traffic pattern remains in place for the Selmon Expressway’s exit to eastbound Gandy Boulevard.
- The short merge still exists on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway. As an alternative, turn left (north) on Dale Mabry Highway and access the Selmon Expressway ramp, located just behind Target.
- The sidewalk is closed along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue. Pedestrians walking in the area should use the sidewalk on the north side of Gandy Boulevard. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians.
- The sidewalk is closed on northbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Selmon Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the west side of Dale Mabry. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians.
- One lane on both eastbound and westbound Gandy Boulevard between Westshore Boulevard and the Gandy Bridge will be closed each night between 9 pm and 6 am.
In an effort to keep the construction crews and the traveling public safe, we want to remind motorists that the posted construction speed limit is 45 miles per hour. Speed enforcement will be in place in the signed construction zones. The fine for speeding in a construction zone is double the amount of a regular ticket.