Media Alert April 10, 2020 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer [email protected] 813-613-2306
REMINDER: 24/7 LANE CLOSURES IMPLEMENTED ON SELMON EXTENSION PROJECT
As a reminder, the Selmon Extension construction crews will extend the lane closures operation to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week until further notice. Drivers, please remember to obey the posted 45 mph speed limit through the construction zone.
Due to the state-wide Stay-At-Home order issued involving the spread of COVID-19, traffic counts along the project corridor are low. Extending the hours of construction that is normally scheduled during the nighttime allows the project to progress at a faster pace.
OTHER CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF APRIL 11-17, 2020
- The short merge remains on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Expressway.
- Median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed for safety reasons in front of the Gandy Plaza.
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: Daytime water main work, Southside: temporary lane configuration remains in place.
- A yield sign remains in place at the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy from the Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue.
- Sidewalk closure on southbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the east side of Dale Mabry sidewalk.