Media Alert January 24, 2020 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer [email protected] 813-613-2306
DETOUR SCHEDULED TONIGHT ON WESTSHORE BOULEVARD FOR SEGMENT ERECTION WORK
On Friday, January 24, 2020, the Selmon Extension construction crews will temporarily shut down the intersection at Westshore and Gandy Boulevard for construction work on the segment erection operation from 9 pm – 6 am.
Drivers going north or south on Westshore must take a right-turn onto Gandy Boulevard. Once on Gandy Boulevard, drivers can take the nearest U-Turn opportunity. The intersection will be open to east/west traffic, but not north/south traffic. Detour signs are posted.
There will be no detour on Saturday, January 25 or Sunday, January 26, 2020, during Gasparilla festivities. We want to remind motorists that the posted construction speed limit is 45 miles per hour. PLEASE REMEMBER DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE.
OTHER SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS JANUARY 25 – 31, 2020
- New traffic pattern for the Selmon Expressway exit onto eastbound Gandy Boulevard. Drivers should reduce speed while approaching this area.
- Median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed for safety reasons in front of the Gandy Plaza.
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: Overnight drainage work begins; Southside: Mast-arm installation in front of Westshore Office center.
- A yield sign remains in place at the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy Boulevard from the Expressway.
- The short merge remains on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue.
- Sidewalk closure on southbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the east side of Dale Mabry.