Media Alert October 18, 2019 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer [email protected] 813-613-2306
DETOUR SCHEDULED ON GANDY BOULEVARD AS STEEL ERECTION OPERATION BEGINS
Beginning Monday, October 28, 2019, the Selmon Extension construction team will erect several large steel beams for the superstructure at the Gandy Boulevard and Dale Mabry Highway interchange. The process involves lifting and placing components into position, then connecting them together. This operation takes about five to six weeks to complete.
Gandy Boulevard between Dale Mabry Highway and Church Street will be closed from 9pm – 6am. This means both directions of Gandy will be closed during those times. The Selmon off-ramp to westbound Gandy will also be closed. Travelers will detour around the work zone using Dale Mabry Highway, Euclid Avenue or Bay to Bay Boulevard. The Selmon off-ramp to eastbound Gandy Boulevard and the entrance ramp behind Target on North Dale Mabry will remain open.
OTHER EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY ALERTS WEEK OF OCTOBER 20-26, 2019
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard. Pedestrians will need to utilize the posted detour.
- Modified traffic pattern remains at the intersection of Gandy Boulevard and Dale Mabry Highway. Eastbound Gandy drivers making a right turn onto S. Dale Mabry will have a short merge into the middle travel lane.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Southside: temporary lane configuration at the intersection.
- Drivers should reduce speed while approaching the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy Boulevard from the Expressway, a yield sign is in place.
- The short merge still exists on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue. Pedestrians walking in the area should use the sidewalk on the north side of Gandy Boulevard.
- Sidewalk closure on northbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the west side of Dale Mabry.
- Sidewalk closure on S. Dale Mabry Highway between Gandy Boulevard and the Home Depot.
We want to remind everyone that as of October 1, law enforcement officers may begin ticketing anyone holding and using a cell phone while traveling in a school zone or active construction zone. It’s a $60 fine plus county assessment taxes and fees, and three points on their driver’s license.