Media Alert June 26, 2020 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer [email protected] 813-613-2306
DAYTIME LANE CLOSURE SCHEDULED NEXT WEEK FOR EASTBOUND GANDY BOULEVARD
On Monday, June 29, 2020, the Selmon Extension construction crews will temporarily close the inside lane along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between Westshore and Trask Street from 9 am – 2 pm. The closure is needed for landscaping work. Please use caution while driving through this area. Message boards will be posted.
NO CONSTRUCTION WORK ON THE SELMON EXTENSION DURING 4TH OF JULY HOLIDAY WEEKEND
Beginning on Friday, July 3, 2020, at 6 am, the Selmon Extension crews will temporarily halt construction work. There will be no lane closures during this time. Work will resume on Monday, July 6, 2020. All drivers will still need to obey the posted 45 mph speed limit. PLEASE DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE. STAY SAFE.
SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF JUNE 26 – JULY 3, 2020
- Modified traffic pattern remains on the south side of Westshore/Gandy intersection. The right-turn and thru-lane share the same lane.
- Temporary sidewalk closure along northbound Westshore Boulevard between Infinity Westshore and W. Fielder Street.
- The median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed in front of the West Gandy Plaza.
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard.
- A yield sign remains in place at the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy from the Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue.
- Sidewalk closure on northbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians will need to use crosswalks at Gandy or at Britton Plaza as a detour.