Media Alert August 21, 2020 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer [email protected] 813-613-2306
A PORTION OF GANDY BOULEVARD CLOSED SUNDAY FOR BRIDGE DECK CONSTRUCTION
On Sunday, August 23, crews will close all lanes of traffic from 9 pm – 6 am on Gandy Boulevard between Church Street and the U-Haul facility to pour concrete, weather permitting. Drivers heading eastbound along Gandy Boulevard will need to detour using the nearest side street.
Drivers will need to detour using Bay to Bay Boulevard or Interbay Boulevard to access Westshore Boulevard. The eastbound Gandy Boulevard off-ramp will remain open for travel. Please remember to obey the posted speed limit at 45 miles per hour.
OTHER EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF AUGUST 22 – 28, 2020
- Northbound Westshore Boulevard at the Gandy Boulevard intersection will be a single lane only between 9 pm – 6 am, Monday – Friday.
- Modified traffic pattern remains on the south side of Westshore/Gandy intersection. The right-turn and thru-lane share the same lane.
- Temporary sidewalk closure is in effect along northbound Westshore Boulevard between Infinity Westshore and W. Fielder Street.
- The median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed in front of the West Gandy Plaza.
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure is in effect (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard.
- A yield sign remains in place at the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy Boulevard from the Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure remains in place on eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue.
- Sidewalk closure remains in place on northbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians will need to use crosswalks at Gandy or at Britton Plaza as a detour.