Media Alert August 7, 2020 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer [email protected] 813-613-2306
A PORTION OF GANDY BOULEVARD CLOSED NEXT WEEK FOR BRIDGE DECK CONSTRUCTION
On Monday, August 10, 2020, the Selmon Extension construction crews will close all lanes of traffic from 9 pm – 6 am on Gandy Boulevard between Church Street and the U-Haul facility to pour concrete, weather permitting. Driveways of nearby businesses will not be affected and will still be able to maintain access. Drivers heading eastbound along Gandy Boulevard will need to detour using the nearest side street.
The entrance ramp to westbound Gandy Boulevard from the Selmon Expressway will be closed while the eastbound off-ramp will remain open for travel. Drivers will need to detour using Bay to Bay Boulevard or Interbay Boulevard to access Westshore Boulevard. Please remember to obey the posted speed limit at 45 miles per hour.
OTHER EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF AUGUST 8 – 14, 2020
- Northbound Westshore Boulevard at the Gandy Boulevard intersection will be a single lane only between 9 pm – 6 am, Monday – Friday. Drivers, please use caution when approaching this area.
- An overnight detour will occur at the Manhattan Avenue and Gandy Boulevard intersection for setting segments. The intersection will be open to east/west traffic only, but not north/south traffic. Detour signs are posted.
- Temporary sidewalk closure will be in effect along eastbound Gandy Boulevard in front of Gandy Animal Hospital and Walgreens. Pedestrians will need to use the posted detour.
- Modified traffic pattern remains on the south side of Westshore/Gandy intersection. The right-turn and thru-lane share the same lane.
- Temporary sidewalk closure is in effect along northbound Westshore Boulevard between Infinity Westshore and W. Fielder Street.
- The median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed in front of the West Gandy Plaza.
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure is in effect (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard.
- A yield sign remains in place at the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy Boulevard from the Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure remains in place on eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue.
- Sidewalk closure remains in place on northbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians will need to use crosswalks at Gandy or at Britton Plaza as a detour.